Ten Glute Exercises You Can Do Anywhere!
- Start on all fours, your hands directly underneath your shoulders and your knees directly underneath your hips. Keep your neck neutral and brace your core.
- Starting with the right leg, extend your knee, sending your right foot behind you, keeping your ankle flexed.
- Squeeze your glute at the top, then lower your leg back to start. Ensure that your hips stay square to the ground throughout the movement.
- Lie on the ground, knees bent and feet on the floor. Your arms should be at your sides with your palms on the ground.
- Pushing through your heels, raise your body off of the ground, forming a straight line between your upper body and knees.
- Brace your core throughout the movement and squeeze your glutes at the top.
- Start standing with your feet together and your arms out in front of you.
- Step your right foot directly out to your side, bending your knee and pushing your butt back as you go. Keep your left leg straight and stationary.
- Push off of your right foot, straightening your right leg and returning to start.
- Repeat 3 sets for 12 reps.
- Get into a squat position, feet shoulder-width apart and hands together out in front of you.
- Squat down, and instead of rising all the way back up, rise less than half way and drop back down.
- Take a large step forward with your right foot and distribute your weight evenly between your feet.
- Bend your knees and squat down, stopping when your right thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Start on your hands and knees. Place your shoulders above your hands and your hips above your knees. Tighten your core and look down.
- Lift your left leg away from your body at a 45-degree angle. Keep your knee at 90 degrees.
Lateral banded walks
- To do the move, push your butt backward and bend your knees as if you were squatting.
- Keep your back straight and engage your core while you move your right foot 8-10 inches to the right, then bring your left foot in toward it.
- Then, repeat with the opposite leg.
Single leg step up
- Stand with a box or step in front of you and place one foot resting on the box.
- Keep this foot on the box and push off the floor to step up with the other foot squeezing the glutes, hamstrings and quadriceps to help stabilise the leg.
- Step back down to the floor keeping the same front leg on the box.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold two weights in hands, bend arms, and place them behind shoulders onto back, this is your starting position.
- Keep knees slightly bent and torso straight, then slowly hinge forward from hips until upper body is parallel to the floor. Hold for a moment, then return to start.